Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Pillsbury

November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Menu 2012



This year we are headed to my in-laws for Thanksgiving day and then hosting my family at our home the weekend after. We're very fortunate to celebrate with both of our families and I'm sure y'all know I love having so many reasons to cook delicious meals! This is our first year hosting Thanksgiving and I'm really excited to prepare a meal for my family in our new home. What are your plans this holiday?

Each recipe should serve at least 8 people so cut them in half or pick and choose dishes to prepare depending on the size of your get together.

Typically the sales ads reset on Wednesdays each week. With Thanksgiving falling on Thursday, most ads will run through 11/22. The best deal I have seen on turkeys this week is at Food Lion for $.49/lb with additional $35 purchase. If anyone has seen a better one, please leave a comment and I'll update.

I want to let each and every one of you know that I'm so thankful to you for reading Coupon Kitchen! This little hobby of mine has come to be a big part of my life and it wouldn't be possible without all of your support. I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Menu
Perfect Roast Turkey
Cranberry-Apple Cider Sauce
Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy
Sweet Potato Gratin
Stuffed Acorn Squash
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze
Cranberry Punch


Shopping List
Pantry/Fridge Stock-up in Italics

Turkey12-14 lb turkey
  -$3 off Butterball turkey wyb 4 participating products print
3 lb bag onions
1 carrot
1 bunch celery
Salt
Sugar
Butter

Cranberry SauceFresh cranberries
1 Golden Delicious apple
Apple cider
Light brown sugar
Cinnamon
Allspice
Salt

Mashed Potatoes8 oz mushrooms
2 lbs red potatoes
Dry sherry
2% reduced-fat milk
Olive oil
Onion (from 3 lb bag)
Dried thyme
Salt
Pepper
Flour
Butter
Mushroom, vegetable, or chicken broth
Garlic

Sweet Potato Gratin3 lbs sweet potatoes
Heavy whipping cream, 16 oz
Butter
Parmesan cheese
Cayenne pepper
Salt
Pepper

 Acorn Squash4 small acorn squash
Fresh sage
1 1/2 lbs sweet or hot sausage links
4 - 8.5 oz boxes corn muffin mix
1 dozen eggs
Butter
Milk
Olive oil
4 onions (from 3 lb bag)
Celery (split w/Turkey)
Garlic
Turkey stock or chicken broth

Pumpkin Cake1 package yellow cake mix
15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 small ginger root or minced ginger
Powdered sugar
2 eggs (split w/Acorn Squash)
Baking soda
Cinnamon
Cloves
Vanilla
Milk

Punch1 orange
1 lemon
12 oz can frozen orange juice
12 oz can frozen lemonade
48 oz cranberry juice 
Sparkling apple cider or sparkling wine
Cranberries (split w/Cranberry Sauce)




1 comment:

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

I've been thinking about making a sweet potato gratin this week too! I have some sage in the fridge that I want to use up before it goes bad. :) I hope you like the mushroom gravy!

Post a Comment