Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Pillsbury

March 16, 2014

Roast on the Coast


Hi everyone! I'm a co-chair for the Junior League of Wilmington's first annual Roast on the Coast oyster roast fundraiser. I'm so excited about this event and the potential amount of money we are raising to help foster our community projects to assist the families of New Hanover County. Our biggest focus is reducing child food insecurity. With this being a "food blog" this ideas hits hard because I couldn't imagine being a child and having to leave school at night and on the weekends without knowing if I would be able to eat. The JLW has created so many great partnerships with Nourish NC and the Blue Ribbon Commission to help alleviate this food insecurity and help prevent youth violence in our community.

Roast on the Coast will be held on March 22, 2014 from 7-11:00 pm at Cape Fear Country Club. We will have an oyster roast with other food offerings, open bar (must be 21 or older to attend), live NCAA basketball tournament coverage, live music, and raffles and prizes worth $30,000! Visit www.jlwnc.org for more information and to get your tickets.

Since my co-chair and I are trying to make this event a huge success, my spare time this weekend through next weekend is devoted to the final details of this fundraiser. Therefore, there will be no menus. I'll be back to start off April with both Harris Teeter and Lowes Foods menus. I hope you can attend (or consider donating) and if you do come to Roast on the Coast, please introduce yourself to me and let me know you're a Coupon Kitchen reader. I would love to meet you!

5 comments:

Allison Troyano @ The Next Step said...

Hey Alison! This sounds like such a great event and for a great cause, I only wish I still lived in Wilmington to support! I hope it goes well!

Alison said...

Thank you, Allison!

Lindsey Suggs said...

Can't wait!!!

Young and Entertaining said...

I wish I could make it - this looks like such a fun event! Great work!

dsds said...

This is a fantastic website . could you be interested in going through an interview concerning just how you made it? You can visit my site.
click here for coupon

Post a Comment